The underpinning aims of education and learning at Oaklands School
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone's responsibility
- All school facilities/environments provide a safe environment in which children can learn
- There is a positive culture of equal opportunities and inclusion
- We promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- All pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- All staff demonstrate high expectations and aspirations for the pupils and improving outcomes for children and young people
- EHCP development and individual targets are linked to learning
- To provide an adapted, mainstream secondary curriculum that delivers access to all National Curriculum subject for all students
- Successful preparation for adulthood is the priority
- The Oaklands' curriculum incorporates bodies of knowledge that have intrinsic value to our students, as well as providing opportunities for their developmental needs, health needs, and wellbeing
- The design of our curriculum ensures that our students are happy today, fulfilled in the future, and inspired to make their world a better place
- Our curriculum establishes an inspiring framework for teachers to act within, using their specialist subject knowledge and inclusive teaching methods to engage all students in learning.
- Subject leaders and teachers take responsibility to interpret the curriculum framework in the students' interest, personalising the lessons to learners.
- A curriculum that enables our students to gain the academic qualifications and sustainable study skills they need to access post 16 education; the social skills and independent living skills they require to become thriving members of society in the technological 21st century
- The vast majority of students progress well from their different starting points and progress to the next stage of their education into courses that lead to a higher level of qualification or employment
We offer a wide range of curriculum subjects here at Oaklands, please select a subject on the left to find out more.
In addition to the core curriculum subjects, we also offer a selection of courses to our students at key stage 4. Please see the table below for full details of courses offered. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
|Key Stage 4 options|
|BTEC Sport - Edexcel BTEC L1 Certificate in Sport and Active Leisure|
|BTEC Hospitality - Edexcel BTEC Entry L3 Award Introduction to the Hospitality Industry|
|ICT - City and Guilds Entry L3 Award for IT Users|
|Nails and Beauty - ITEC Entry L3 Award Introduction to Hair and Beauty|
|Animal Care - City and Guilds Entry L3 Award skills for Working Life|
|Child Care - Edexcel BTEC Entry L3 Award Caring for Children|
|Health and Well Being - Entry 3 Qualification|