It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Oaklands School’s website.
Oaklands is a child-centred outstanding school, where pupils learn in a nurturing and happy environment. We are a special school for pupils from 11 to 17 years of age with moderate learning difficulties. The caring environment provided by the excellent and supportive staff, enables pupils to achieve to their potential and experience many enriching and positive experiences. The ‘can do’ attitude and constant strive to improve ensures that Oaklands pupils are given the opportunity to succeed to the best of their ability. I am very proud of all the staff at the school in how they are fully committed in helping each young person make progress and develop necessary life skills. The outstanding ethos and the ‘the best for all, best from all’ motto is something that is at the heart of school life.
I am really proud of the many successes and accomplishments Oaklands has and continues to have and I am pleased that some of these were identified in our most recent inspection. The last school Ofsted report stated many pleasing aspects of the school, including:
- All parents and carers who responded to Ofsted's questionnaire for parents, along with parents spoken to during the inspection, were extremely happy with the school.
- The school certainly lives up to its motto: ‘the best for all, the best from all’. Every pupil is treated as a unique individual, yet every school member is part of a supportive, warm and friendly community. Pupils value their friendships and look after one another.
- There is a very strong culture of safeguarding in the school.
- The excellent relationships between the staff and pupils establish firm foundations. Pupils are happy, confident learners.
- Staff have high expectations of what pupils can achieve. The curriculum is exciting and allows pupils to learn.
- Pupils behaviour around the school is impeccable. The school is a calm and orderly environment.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the parents and carers for the support that they provide to the school and the staff, and also to the other key stakeholders and agencies who provide opportunities for our pupils.
Thank you for taking the time to visit the website and for taking an interest in the school. I hope you find it useful and informative.
Please feel free to contact the school if would like to find out more information about how we support and care for our pupils.
Mr Neil Oxley